Saturday night I went out with my girls. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe, but this is not that important. What’s important is that they all ate flavorless salads and I celebrated by eating a nice, huge, juicy hamburger. You might think I feel guilty about that, but I DON’T!
Well, because earlier that day I did a simple 15 minute workout that has been scientifically proven to burn belly fat all day long. I learn that little exercise from a great woman named Kalen, who used it to lose 59 lbs and dropped 8 dress sizes. WOW!
I only lost 6 lbs since I’ve started to do these little weird exercises, but they are so easy to do that they sure keep me motivated to do them every day, instead of those boring cardio routine I used to do.
You want to know what this simple exercise is? Learn more by watching below…
Click here to see how a 15 minute workout burns fat ALL day.
As promised in my previous post Yoyo Diet: What it is and How to Avoid it, I will share with you 4 easy steps that are going to help you lose weight gradually and stay slim for good. Here are some tips that I already have put in practice and started to make visible changes in my body & health:
1. You have to change the way you look at the weight loss idea: losing weight must be transformed in a new way of life, new eating and cooking habits. Do not think of it as of a quick fix for you next party. Think that this is a life changing journey you want to start.
2. Begin with small dietary changes. As I said in this previous post on Flat Belly Diet, I started to eat every 4 hours and stopped “the starvation” idea. Staying on diets that make appeal to food deprivation is not the best for you. You might lose weight for some time, but trust me, the weight is coming back two times faster and it’s even harder to lose it again.
3. Always make sure that you drink a healthy quantity of water every day. The researchers say it is usually a good idea to take about seven to eight glasses of water every day. In my opinion, every human body has it’s own rules when it comes to how much fluids it needs. To find out how much water do you have to drink every day, use this Hydration Calculator and check out what they say:
80 % of the daily fluids the body needs is met by consuming water and beverages (tea, for instance), while the other 20% is taken from foods.
4. Exercise on a daily basis. Even if that means only 10 minutes a day, or 30 minutes every other day. Make it something that you enjoy doing – like dancing, walking, riding a bicycle. This will help you along the way to attain your goal. Exercise goes hand in hand with diet in achieving the body you want.
I’m sure you already knew all of it, but the SECRET is to put it in action and go the natural way of losing weight, so you can still enjoy what you are eating.
I’ve been struggling to lose weight since high-school. This is not funny, looking at my age. I was never the skinny type, but I had times (goooood times) of being in great shape with toned arms, abs, buttocks and thighs. I used to fit in 8 size dresses not long ago – maybe 2 years ago. But since then I’ve gained a lot of weight. AGAIN.
WHY? Because I lost weight the wrong way. What do you mean the wrong way?, you might ask. Well, the wrong way means all these:
- used to do starving diets – eating only lettuce and tasteless yogurts and cut back the food I enjoyed;
- think of dieting only for a short period of time, with unpleasant meals that I have to endure;
- trying diets that require hours of planning and preparation and cannot be done when working 10 hours a day or in vacation, or if going out a lot;
- having a wrong idea about “dieting” – as most of the time I used the diets only as a way to lose weight before a big event like a party, or a wedding or before Christmas or before Valentine’s Day;
- making exercise for two, three weeks and then giving it up;
- cheating with chocolate, cakes, ice-creams and other sweet temptations.
So what is Yoyo Dieting ?
Yoyo diet can be defined as losing weight dramatically in a short period of time and then become even more overweight than before.
Losing too much weight in a very short period of time and then stopping can only get you eating more than before starting the diet. If you are starving yourself on a deprivation diet, when you end it, the body reacts by making you even more hungry: so, you eat more than previously. This is only the natural body response to starvation and it’s much stronger than your willpower and resolutions.
How to avoid Yoyo dieting?
The Solution to stop gaining more weight is to change your approach to weight loss. So, check out 4 tips to follow when you want to lose weight:
- make a long term goal and change your dieting attitude! This make sense: if you gained 50 lbs in 2 years, you cannot expect to lose all of it in 1 month;
- start losing weight using simple ways that you will be able to maintain for the rest of your life: educate yourself to stop eating processed foods (see what they are here) and bring down the intake of fried foods, bread and sweets;
- shop for kitchen appliances that can help you cook healthier; (I will give you a list of must-haves in a future post)
- exercise in a consistent way: make a new habit to exercise every day, at least 10 minute a day.
The bottom line is to STOP thinking of weight loss in terms of short term diets that are too restrictive and unpleasant. Instead, make small changes to your existing diet so that over time you develop new habits that can help your body to be slimmer, more toned and healthier than ever.
Making small adjustments each day helps you losing the weight gradually and keep it off for good. This is very important. Is this possible? Of course it is and I’ll show you how to do it the right way in the next post.
Today I become a member of Diet.com and this morning I took my diet personality quiz and here are the results:
Andrea, Your Diet Personality Summary
Your eating personality is Meal Skipper
Meal Skippers tend to lack focus when it comes to their eating patterns. You skip meals and grab foods on the run that are readily accessible but not all that healthy. One thing is consistent about your eating pattern: it’s inconsistent!
Your exercising personality is Rain Check Athlete
Rain Check Athletes are busy people who would like to work out if they only had the time. You’re tired of canceling workout dates and accumulating more rain checks. You’re frustrated because exercise is important to you but you just don’t know how to fit it in. The most exercise you’ve had lately is running to catch a bus while holding your umbrella. Does carrying an umbrella count as resistance training?
Your coping personality is Fast Pacer
Fast Pacers don’t know how to slow down their hectic pace of life. You’re a productive person with a lot on your plate. You’re an expert at juggling and multi-tasking, but you feel frazzled a lot of the time. You see others finding the time during their busy workweek for relaxation or visiting their health club and you wonder when your turn will come.
You’ve got personality… and now you’ve got the chance to tame the eating, exercising and coping habits and shed those extra pounds.
Hmm…, kind of true. This sounds pretty much like me. These guys know their job. So now I’m heading again on their website, to see what’s more. I’ll keep you updated.
After you take your quiz Come Back Here and let’s comment on different styles of eating and dealing with food, exercise and losing weight.